Effective 1 May 2023, MWR Richmond will be accepting only credit and debit cards (Visa and Mastercard) as valid forms of payment for MWR services. Cash and checks will no longer be accepted at Antler Inn Lodging, Bettye Ackerman-Cobb Child Development Center, Centre Perk Café, Outdoor Recreation Rentals, RV Campground, RV/Boat Storage, and Tickets & More. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. The move away from cash and checks was made to reduce risks within the organization and to streamline processes to improve transaction times.
RV Campground Reservation Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Closed on Weekends and All Federal Holidays
(804) 279-1091 or (804) 837-7838
If you are looking to get away at a moment’s notice and take the comforts of home right along with you then the MWR RV Campground is the perfect place. Our RV Campground operates year-round and is priced at $30 per night.
Our RV Campground is fully equipped with:
- 30/50 Amp Hook Ups
- Dump Station
- Fire Pits*
- Picnic Tables
- Screened in Gazebo
- Dog Dump Zone
* Our fire pits can be used for charcoal or wood. Permit required for ALL camp or cooking fires. Please call the Fire Department at (804) 279-3630 to obtain the fire permit.
- The reservation desk is open Monday-Friday 8:30AM-3:30PM, excluding federal holidays. Reservation requests are only reviewed and processed during those working hours. Please note that submitting a request is not a reservation confirmation. Once a request is submitted MWR has one business day to reply.
- RV Campground reservations are accepted on a first come, first served basis. Spaces are not transferrable and cannot be loaned out. Only RVs with confirmed reservations are eligible to stay at the Campground. Customers that are found to be at the Campground without a confirmed reservation may be ticketed and fined as well as refused future access.
- All reservation requests must be submitted in writing using our RV Campground Reservation Request Form. Please do not mail in reservation requests and/or payments. To properly complete the form from your computer, click the "Open in desktop app" button at the top before filling out, signing, and saving the PDF.
- To submit your reservation request, use the red “Submit Form” button below. After you click "Submit Form" you may be prompted to select your preferred email service account provider and to login before the email form will generate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
- Who can stay at the RV Campground?
MWR cannot sign on guests or sponsor customers to stay at the RV Campground. All visitors must be able to access the Defense Supply Center Richmond (DSCR) installation with a valid DoD identification card or be a valid guest of a DoD identification card holder. Each vehicle that enters DSCR must have a valid DoD identification card holder in it. For the most up to date information about installation access and to check on your specific eligibility, please view the DSCR Visitor Information website.
- How many RV slots are there?
There are six individual spaces that include two pull-through slots and four back-in slots. The spaces are available seven days a week, 365 days a year. Only 1 RV is permitted per space, and all personal property must fit within your reserved space. Tent camping is not permitted at the RV Campground. Download a copy of our RV Campground Maps for your convenience.
- When is check-in and check-out?
Check-in is after 1:00PM and check-out is before 11AM.
- What do I do if there is a problem with my reserved space?
If there is a problem with your space do not take another one. Instead, contact (804) 837-7838
- How do I pay?
Effective May 1, 2023, MWR Richmond accepts only credit and debit cards (Visa and Mastercard) as valid forms of payment for MWR services. Cash and checks are no longer accepted. You will provide your credit card information on the RV Campground Reservation Request Form. Submission of the completed form is required prior to reservation confirmation. Each time you make a new reservation, you will need to submit the form with your current credit card information.
- Is there a discount for long term stays?
No, the RV Campground slots are priced at $30 per night.
- How do I get there?
The RV Campground is located just minutes from I-95, 288, and downtown Richmond.
North Gate (DSCR Visitor Center Gate):
Open 24 hours, including weekends and holidays
Intersection of Strathmore Road and G Road, Bensley, VA 23237
Helpful hint: Type "DSCR Visitor Center" in Google maps to get you to the installation's North Gate.
- After proceeding through the gate, stay on G Road
- Continue straight until you see the helicopter and 3 RV Storage Lots on your left
- The RV Campground is immediately after the last RV Storage Lot on your left