Family Programs Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 6:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Closed on Weekends and All Federal Holidays
Below is a list of recommended resources put together by the DSCR Family Programs:
- Family Support Program at Greater Richmond SCAN - Support and Education Groups for parents. Childcare is offered for all evening groups. Call (804) 257-7226 or (804) 257-9866 for information or go to http://www.grscan.com/
- Commonwealth Parenting Center - Parenting Classes on a variety of topics. Parent consultations also available. Call (804) 545-1272 or go to www.commonwealthparentingcenter.org
- Quality Child Care: For information on selecting and monitoring Quality Child Care, contact the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office at (804) 751-4401.
- School Social Workers - social workers are assigned to schools; they can be accessed through the child’s school; (attendance officers can assist with problems such as truancy, tardiness)
- School Guidance Counselors - guidance counselors are available to talk with parents about parenting concerns; contact your child's school guidance office.
For Chesterfield County Residents:
- Parent Consultations through Chesterfield Prevention Services - one to three free sessions with a parenting and child/ adolescent development specialist to assist you with concerns about your child – (804) 768-7204
- Chesterfield County Parent/Teacher Resource Center - provides assistance to all parents and particularly parents of children with disabilities – (804) 743-3703.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Family Programs at (804) 279-4337