Our Eco Promise to You:
MWR is committed to improving our processes today for a better, cleaner, safer environment tomorrow. We have partnered with DLA Installation Operations at Columbus Environmental Division to identify ways we can be more eco-friendly today, and tomorrow!
Our Eco Promise principles (expand to see all current Eco Promises):
Reduce plastic and Styrofoam usage
- All MWR retail bags are now reusable, paper or compostable.
- Now utilizing eco-friendly fiber food containers (eliminated Styrofoam)
Offer Eco-friendly options to our customers
- All of our latex balloons are now 100% biodegradable latex and come with "dispose of me properly" instructions.
- We now offer "paperless billing."
Develop pollinator and native prairie habitats on the installation
- Our Hope Garden now includes pollinator flowers and shrubs.
- Eagle Eye Golf Course in now home to three Bluebird Boxes.
Utilize renewable energy sources
Offer eco-friendly giveaways and programs
- MWR has place an emphasis on assuring all promotional items are eco-friendly. **As part of the Trees for the Future program, trees have been planted on behalf of DSCC-MWR that will remove 100 pounds of pollution from the global atmosphere, while protecting lands and assisting the natural return of past diversity.**
Manage food waste diversion and composting program at food service operations
Utilize eco-friendly products to clean and landscape MWR facilities
Maximize recycling efforts
- Our Child Development Center now recycles white & scrap paper in the classroom.
Keep an eye out for more Eco Promises debuting this year!