Group Class Descriptions
- Active Adults: excellent class for those of any age willing and able! Using a set of light weights and a chair, this class is designed to improve strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and strengthen those with arthritic conditions. This can be modified to accommodate all senior age groups, fitness levels, and also the physically challenged.
- Core and Cardio: encompasses a mixture of abdominal, low back, and cardio based exercises to tone and strengthen your core. Short intervals and super-sets are the bases of this class.
- Virtual Cycling: video-driven class.
- Fit-X-Press: (self-driven circuit) 30-minute express circuit class for your lower and upper-body, arms, and abdominal/core area. Spend 1 minute at each station, take a 30-second break and move to the next station. At the end of 30 minutes, you have done a full-body workout.
- Functional Fitness: although geared towards the advanced participant, exercises can be modified for the beginner. The classes are constantly varied, highly-intense and provide functional movements. We use barbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, rowing machines and body weight to push you to your limits.
- Functional Circuit: circuit-style class utilizing ropes, climbing ladders, TRX, medicine balls and more! Rotate through a fast-paced circuit to get your blood pumping and endurance increased.
- Morning Circuit: one-hour interval training class for those of any age willing and able! A great way to burn fat and boost metabolism. Each interval is for 40-90 seconds and consists of cardiovascular activities, upper body, and lower body exercises. The class is taught at three levels so whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advance—this class is for you!
- Spinning: your cardio challenge is here! You can go at your own pace or can be challenged by our excellent instructors. You will climb hills, do sprints and jumps all in one class. Because you can adjust the tension on the bike yourself, this cardio workout is suited for ANYONE and EVERYONE!
- Strength 101: building strength and body mass, and elevating metabolism. Weight training basics followed by a full body stretch.
- S-t-r-e-t-c-h: stretching for every body to achieve numerous worthwhile results. The stretching done in class is gentle, specific and focused. Force and extreme pressure are never used. All stretches are controlled and self-monitored.
- Power Base: a great way to get your weight lifting program finished quickly in a group fitness format. This class is challenging and has muscle-specific exercises that hit all major muscle groups to give you what you want and need!
- TRX: engage all your muscles with this non-stop TRX workout. Build overall strength, balance and flexibility with this total-body conditioning program.
- 15 Minute Abs: this quick workout will help you strengthen (and stretch) your abdominals, obliques and lower back without any equipment.
- Yoga: Yoga is an ancient art based on a harmonizing system of development for the body, mind, and spirit.
- Virtual Fitness (Room 2): if you can't make it to one of our classes, try one of our virtual classes in Room 2! Simply select the class you want to take and follow the prompts on the drop down screen: Zumba, Spinning, Pilates and more!
Meet the Trainers
- Matt is a graduate of Ohio University and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology. He currently holds certifications through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (C.S.C.S.) and the Cooper Institute (CI-CPT). Matt has over five years of experience in the fitness industry, serving as a collegiate strength coach and personal trainer before arriving at the DSCC Fitness Center. Matt specializes in weight loss management, lean mass gains, and performance enhancement training.
We've added Virtual Fitness Classes to our December 2017 class schedule to meet your holiday fitness needs. We're excited to introduce new trainers and new classes in 2018!
MWR Fitness Class Schedule December 2017 (pdf)Download (360 KB)