Group Class Descriptions
- 10 Minute Arms: all around resistance training for your upper body. Quick, easy and only 10 minutes. Great way to end of start a workout. All fitness levels welcome. Low to moderate intensity; can be modified for all fitness levels.
- 10 Minute Legs: all around resistance training for your lower body. Quick, easy and only 10 minutes. Great way to end of start a workout. All fitness levels welcome. Low to moderate intensity; can be modified for all fitness levels.
- Active Adults: excellent class for those of any age willing and able! Using a set of light weights and a chair, this class is designed to improve strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and strengthen those with arthritic conditions. This can be modified to accommodate all senior age groups, fitness levels, and also the physically challenged.
- Aqua Fitness: class involving dumbbells, noodles and body weight. Various movements will be utilized during the class. Moderate intensity, but can be modified for all levels. Held at MWR Swimming Pool.
- Aqua Zumba: make a splash by adding a low-impact and high energy aquatic exercise to your fitness routine. Can be modified for all fitness levels. Held at MWR Swimming Pool.
- Fit-X-Press: (self-driven circuit) 30-minute express circuit class for your lower and upper-body, arms, and abdominal/core area. Spend 1 minute at each station, take a 30-second break and move to the next station. At the end of 30 minutes, you have done a full-body workout.
- Functional Fitness: although geared towards the advanced participant, exercises can be modified for the beginner. The classes are constantly varied, highly-intense and provide functional movements. We use barbells, kettle-bells, medicine balls, rowing machines and body weight to push you to your limits.
- Functional Circuit: circuit-style class utilizing ropes, climbing ladders, TRX, medicine balls and more! Rotate through a fast-paced circuit to get your blood pumping and endurance increased.
- Kickboxing: check out this class involving various martial arts, utilizing kicks and punches. Fluctuating between higher and lower intensity aerobic capacity. All fitness levels.
- Lean Beat: prevention of high blood pressure is key for this class. Cardiovascular work utilizing treadmills, rowers, bikes and steppers will be utilized.
- Mobility 101: struggling with muscle or joint pain? Look no further. This class will look to ease the stressors placed upon the muscular and skeletal system. The entire body will be used, holding stretches and utilizing mats, foam rollers and bands. Low intensity for all fitness levels.
- Morning Circuit: one-hour interval training class for those of any age willing and able! A great way to burn fat and boost metabolism. Each interval is for 40-90 seconds and consists of cardiovascular activities, upper body, and lower body exercises. The class is taught at three levels so whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advance—this class is for you!
- Muscle Conditioning: this slower-paced resistance training class will look to engage the upper or lower body. It is best suited for engaging specific muscle fibers to help sculpt and tone. Moderate to vigorous intensity; can be catered towards individual needs.
- Spinning: your cardio challenge is here! You can go at your own pace or can be challenged by our excellent instructors. You will climb hills, do sprints and jumps all in one class. Because you can adjust the tension on the bike yourself, this cardio workout is suited for ANYONE and EVERYONE!
- Sweat N Step: get your blood pumping with this workout involving the use of step platforms to help improve your cardiovascular output. We will utilize dumbbells, kettle-bells and bands. Moderate to vigorous intensity; can be modified for all fitness levels.
- The Whole Nine Yards: a combination of everything. This class has every element of fitness: resistance, cardiovascular, balance and coordination. This class will utilize treadmills, ropes, medicine balls, barbells and much more. Moderate to vigorous intensity; can be modified for all fitness levels.
- Total Body Conditioning: engage the entire body with this higher rep workout utilizing dumbbells, barbells and bands, along with high-aerobic capacity work.
- TRX: engage all your muscles with this non-stop TRX workout. Build overall strength, balance and flexibility with this total-body conditioning program.
- Yoga Core Flow. conditioning the core by using deep stretching to strengthen the core muscles. Learn how to build fire in your core and operate from your center on a day-to-day basis in order to gain better posture, tone and sculpt the body.
- Yoga/Pilates: Yoga is an ancient art based on a harmonizing system of development for the body, mind, and spirit. Concepts from Pilates will be utilized as well.
- Virtual Fitness (Room 2): if you can't make it to one of our classes, try one of our virtual classes in Room 2, brought to you by WellBeats. Simply select the class you want to take and follow the prompts on the drop down screen: Zumba, Spinning, Pilates and more!
- Zumba: dance and aerobic workout choreographed to high temp music. All fitness levels welcome.
Meet the Trainers
- Jordan is a graduate of Otterbein University and Berry College. He holds a Master’s degree in Allied Health with specialization in Exercise and Health Science from Otterbein, along with a Bachelor’s degree in political science from Berry College. He currently holds an ACSM Personal training certification. Jordan has worked within a wide range of corporate sites in Ohio including Huntington Bank Northland, Honda R & D, Honda Watson Wellness Center, and Medical Mutual. Also, he served as an assistant men’s lacrosse coach at Otterbein where he developed their strength and conditioning programs while coaching the defensive unit. Jordan specializes in performance training, mobility, weight loss management and injury prevention.
MWR Fitness Class Schedule August 2018 (pdf)Download (486 KB)
MWR WellBEATS Virtual Class Schedule August 2018 (pdf)Download (378 KB)
MWR Aquatics Class Schedule August 2018 (pdf)Download (662 KB)