Civilian Welfare Council

Civilian Welfare Programs are established and operated to serve the needs and interests of all Federal employees on DoD installations.

What is the Civilian Welfare Fund?

Civilian Welfare Fund (CWF) is generated from money received through the Post Restaurant Fund (PRF). The PRF is funded by the fees received from the post cafeteria contractor for operation of the cafeterias on center.

What is the Civilian Welfare Council?

The Civilian Welfare Council (CWC) manages the CWF, and consists of members that represent organizations from across the DSCC. Members of the CWC are appointed by their respective organizations and serve as the voice of that organization, and ultimately represent the interests of all employees served by the CWF.

What programs and activities are authorized to request funds from the CWC?

The CWC funds activities such as Installation-wide events, Armed Services birthdays and condolences. Funded activities must be publicly announced and open/accessible to all interested DSCC employees. Sales tax, alcohol and funds for DoD contractors are not authorized for reimbursement per AR 215-7. AR 215-7 Section 5-5d(2)(d) prohibits awarding, giving or drawing for door prizes at events that receive CWC funds. CWC funds cannot be used for this purpose. Click here for more information about Civilian Welfare authorized programs and activities.

How do I request funds from the CWC?

The CWC meets quarterly to review In-Cycle requests for funding. In-Cycle requests are accepted up to 7 days prior to meetings. Requests submitted out-of-cycle will be voted on by the council by phone or e-mail (process for Out-of-Cycle can take up the 21 days). Below are CWC meeting dates (subject to change).

FY24 CWC Quarterly MeetingDeadline for Funds Submissions
October 19, 2023October 12, 2023
January 18, 2024
January 11, 2024
April 18, 2024
April 11, 2024 (FY25 Funding Requests)
July 18, 2024
July 11, 2024

Download CWF Request Form

What is a Condolence Request?

The Civilian Welfare Council sponsors a fund to send condolence flowers when an associate has a death in their immediate family (includes spouses, children and parents only; excludes in-laws). If the associate would prefer something sent to them personally, in lieu of the funeral home or church, we can provide them with a small arrangement sent to their home. In lieu of flowers, the family may request that a $25 donation be made to the charitable or religious organization of the family's choosing in honor of or in memory of the deceased. In the event of an associate's death, a donation can be made or flowers can be sent to their immediate family. This policy applies to current military and federal employees assigned to the DSCC Installation including those DLA Land and Maritime employees currently working at detached government facilities.

Submit a Condolence Request

Are you having issues submitting a Condolence Request Form?

Please check out our troubleshooting tips below

1). Make sure the CAPTCHA code is entered correctly

In order for the form to process, the CAPTCHA code at the bottom of the form must be entered exactly as it appears, it IS case sensitive.  Sometimes a letter or digit will be difficult to read -- if that is the case, click "New code" to receive a new CAPTCHA code that may be easier to read.

2). Wait a few minutes, refresh and try again

Occasionally, there will be temporary glitches with the network/connectivity that will affect the form's ability to process.  This can usually be resolved by waiting a few minutes, refreshing the page and submitting again.

3). Try submitting the form from a different browser

The issue may be with the way your browser is interacting with our forms platform. If it's convenient, try accessing this form from a different browser (Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)

4). Contact us

If all else fails or if you need immediate assistance, please contact us at (614) 692-1420, (614) 692-8923 or
We understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.