T R A I N I N G
As a MWR employee, your individual professional development is a high priority. Opportunities exist for technical training to help you do your do better. Employees can also take online coursework with through the U.S. Army’s Family and MWR Academy in financial and personnel management, leadership, procurement, customer service, marketing and promotions and program planning. Family and MWR leadership values its employees and provides multiple ways move upward in your career.
B E N E F I T S
MWR offers competitive salaries and benefit packages that include medical, dental and life insurance. Comprehensive retirement and 401(k) plans are available for part-time and full-time employees and the organization will match your monthly contributions up to four percent.
Check out the other great NAF Benefits available!
- Flexible (Flex), Regular part-time (RPT), and Regular full-time (RFT) positions available.
- Flex employees are scheduled 0-39 hours per week.
- Regular part-time (RPT) employees are scheduled 20-39 hours per week.
- Regular full-time (RFT) employees are scheduled 40 hours per week with benefits.
- Competitive wages.
- Comprehensive & competitive benefit plans.
- All applicants MUST apply through USAJobs.gov.
- Available jobs and opening will be posted on USA Jobs with closing dates, please ensure you follow all application instructions and apply prior to job posted closing date.
- Filter your search by typing in your Location as: New Cumberland, PA.
As a(n) Waiter (Banquets), the incumbent would be responsible for duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Servicing banquets guests either by providing for set menu banquets or taking individual orders.
- Setting up and breaking down banquet settings.
- Replenishing beverages
Flexible (Flex) positions available.
Recreation Assistant / Aid (Physical Fitness)
- Demonstrating work experience that enables the candidate to independently carry out a basic physical fitness program.
- Being able to maintain a Fitness or Personal Trainer Certificate.
As a Recreation Aid (Physical Fitness), the incumbent would be responsible for duties such as, but not limited to, the following
- Issuing tools, equipment and games to authorized customers at the Fitness Center.
- Checking identification, collects fees when appropriate, and completes appropriate documentation.
- Receiving returned items, inspecting for obvious damage and missing parts.
- Assisting in directing patrons, scheduling the use of courts, lanes and equipment.
- Providing facility and program information to patrons. Assisting with simple repair and maintenance.
Regular part-time (RPT) and Flexible (Flex) positions may be available
Child & Youth Program Assistants (CYPA)
- Maintaining control of and accounting for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Interacting with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques
- Supervising children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events.
- Promoting and modeling safety, fitness, health, and nutrition practices.
As a developmental position, all employees conduct the same duties; however, the Entry Level-2 and Skill Level-3 employees are provided additional oversight, guidance, and training until they can perform the Target Level duties independently.
- Regular part-time (RPT) and Flexible (Flex) positions may be available.
- CYPAs work directly with children and youth to deliver a meaningful, safe program experience.
- CYPAs must be trustworthy, able to maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times and have the desire to be a positive influence on children and youth.
- CYPAs receive thorough training and have opportunities to grow as a professional.