Do you have a child or youth with artistic talent?
If so, the Family Advocacy Program (FAP) has an opportunity for them to let their talent shine!
Children are invited to prepare and submit a drawing, painting, or project to be entered into the 2021 Children’s Art Contest hosted!
Theme: "Stronger Together"
- Take this opportunity to share how your family, friends or community supported you while enduring quarantine!
Various mediums can be used to include:
- Paint, crayon, pencil, chalk, clay, collage, pastel, multicolored drawing, watercolor, mixed media, monochromatic, printmaking, sculpture, etc.
- Submissions will be accepted Mar. 1-31.
- All entries must be received no later than Mar. 31 in order to participate.
How to ENTER?
- Virtually: Post a picture of your child's artwork to our MWR Susquehanna Facebook Timeline or Messenger.
- Please take 2-3 photos of your child's work of artwork to submit digitally.
- Recommend high-resolution JPEGs or PNGs.
- In Person: Please call (717) 770-7066 to schedule a drop off appointment at the FAP Office, G Avenue, Bldg. 400.
- OR...Child and Youth Program (CYP) students can turn their artwork in to their classroom teachers.
- Voting will be open between Apr. 6-9.
- Patrons will be invited to vote to vote for their favorite works of art and help nominate them to win!
- Go to the Children's Art Contest Open Voting events details page for additional information.
- Awards will be presented to submissions in various categories during a closed ceremony in April (Date TBD).
How to VOTE?
- Virtually: Go to our MWR Susquehanna Facebook Page and locate the Art Contest Photo Album; then, 'Like', share, and comment to show your support.
- Public Display: Submitted artwork will be displayed at the Fitness Center, 15th Street, Bldg. 320.*
- Please note, all voting may be held VIRTUALLY based off the current conditions. Please check back to this event for updates or stay tuned to our Facebook page for updates.
- Open to children, ages 5-14
- Open to all children of DoD civilian employees and military members