Join MWR Susquehanna for the Centennial Children’s Trout Derby on May 5, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. (May 19 rain date) at the Children’s Trout Pond (located off Perimeter Road on Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna).
Children and their families are invited to come together at a well-stocked pond for quality time and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Deadline: Apr. 27, 2018
- Register online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018TroutDerby
- Open to the children of active duty service members, retired military, DoD civilians and their families.
- Fishing is only open to children, ages 6-12 years.
- All children who wish to participate must be registered by Apr. 27 via Survey Monkey.
- The Trout Derby is completely FREE!
- The Children’s Trout Pond will be stocked with over 180 trout (2 fish per child maximum); you keep what you catch (no catch and release).
- The event will feature fishing, games, giveaways, and more!
- Children will receive at least one complimentary gift for attending and there will be other opportunities for them to win other larger prizes.
- Food and beverages will be available at the event for purchase.
- Toilet Facilities (Port-A-Johns) will be available at the event and a wash station.
- Trash receptacles will be available at the event.
Things to Bring:
- Tackle, fishing pole, fishing reel, fishing line, fish net, fish hooks, fish stringer, bobbers, bait such as power bait, salmon eggs, worms. Please note that no artificial lures are permitted.
- Chairs for children and adults, sunglasses, hats and sunscreen.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Storage containers or bags to transport your fish home in.
- Installation Children’s Trout Pond located off perimeter road.
- All patrons should enter the installation using the Truck Gate (intersection of Normandy Drive and Old York Road / GPS 40.206910, -76.849922).
- Please stay in the “Car” lane at the Truck Gate. You must stop to check in with the Police Officers at the Truck Gate and they will point you in the right direction.
- After passing through the truck gate, follow the “event” signs directing you to the Children’s Trout Pond.
- All attending patrons are responsible for their own base access as well as those children you are bringing to the event. Please ensure you follow the appropriate base access guidance listed in the Installation Access Policy established for Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna.
- The pond will be open from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and there will be no access prior to 8 a.m. All fishing and activities will conclude promptly at 12 p.m.
- Participants may arrive anytime between 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m.; however, the event is first come, first served and we recommend arriving early to ensure your child can participate fully.
- Note* In the event of inclement weather, the rain date is set for May 19, 2018, 8 am.-12 p.m.
- Photos will be taken at the event and used for public and promotional use. All children’s sponsors must fill out a “photo release form” per child who attend the event. This form is incorporated within the registration packet on Survey Monkey.
Also, volunteers are needed to help assist with the event. Click Here for Volunteer Opportunities and details.Click Here to Register Now!