As of July 16, 2020, enhanced screening measures at all Access Control Points (ACPs) of Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna will continue until further notice as directed by the Installation Commander.
These protocols are in alignment to the CDC workforce protection recommendations and are consistent with actions other organizations in comparable industries have implemented.
Compliance with these additional measures is not voluntary - ALL individuals must comply in accordance with the Installation Commander's directive. NOTE: Individuals declining to be screened will be denied access to the installation.
These screening mechanisms and instructions are pivotal to our overall success in keeping everyone safe during this pandemic and take additional steps to mitigate the risk of possible spread of COVID-19.
- Safely come to a stop at the Old Depot Rd ACP.
- Your vehicle will be met at the gate by screening personnel after normal vetting by a DLA police officer.
- Put your window down approximately 1-2 inches or enough to communicate with the screening personnel and officers.
- All drivers must maintain a protective barrier between themselves, the officer, and screening personnel.
- The wearing of a face covering is recommended, but not required.
- Place your CAC firmly against the window away from your face with the barcode facing the police officer so that the officer can scan your credentials and validate access to the installation.
- Once your CAC has been scanned, turn your card around so the photo faces the officer and your photo can be verified.
- Car and van poolers will be required to surrender their CACs to the officer for scanning.
- Always be prepared to surrender your CAC to the officer for inspection upon request.
- Once credentials are verified, screening personnel will conduct the COVID-19 Symptom Screening Questionnaire featured on a white sign located at the gate entrance (questions featured below).
- If the individual(s) has/have no symptoms, screening personnel will then conduct a contactless temperature screening.
- If the individual(s) do not have a temperature, the police officer will instruct your vehicle to proceed onto the installation.
- Please proceed upon direction of the officer.
***In the event the individual(s) respond they have had symptoms, or their temperature is above range, the police officer will deny their entry and the individual(s) should proceed with the below.
If denied access to the installation:
- Individuals are NOT required to reveal which new medical symptom(s) they experienced.
- Individuals will be provided with an instruction sheet detailing steps to take in the event that they are denied entry after answering the COVID-19 questionnaire.
- If you are denied access to the installation, you are strongly encouraged to self-quarantine and contact your health care provider.
- In order to regain access to the installation after a gate denial, all individuals must be medically cleared to return showing no risks associated with COVID-19.
- If an installation employee is denied access to the installation, employees are asked to provide their supervisor advanced notification (at least 24 hours prior to your return) that you are medically cleared to return to duty.
- In the event you are having difficulty obtaining medical documentation, please contact your supervisor.
NOTE: Individuals may contact the installation Safety Office for questions concerning screening and denials by calling (717) 770-6622.
COVID-19 Symptom Questionnaire:
All individuals entering the New Cumberland facility (Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna) will be asked to answer a two-part questionnaire prior to gaining access to the base.
Below are the exact questions you will be asked at the gate:
- What is your "purpose of entry" to the Installation?
- Have you experienced any NEW symptoms below within the last 14 days?
- Fever or Chills?
- Shortness of Breath of Difficulty Breathing?
- Muscle or Body Aches?
- New Loss of Taste or Smell?
- Sore Throat?
- Congestion or Runny Nose?
- Nausea or Vomiting?
- Please note: The above COVID-19 Symptom Questions was established per CDC Guidance and approved by PHEO.
Reminders from our Site Director, Mr. Rob Montefour:
We emphasize and reiterate the significance of staying home if feeling sick or experiencing a cough, fever, sore throat, difficulty breathing, or other cold/flu-like symptoms.
Protect yourself and others through continued good hygiene practices and social distancing to the greatest extent possible. Wear a face covering as required or when recommended or when social distancing is not possible and make it a routine to thoroughly wash your hands.
While we monitor our gating criteria to reopen, the Reconstitution Plans are under review to ensure they provide the safest atmosphere for our returning employees, with social distancing, reopening of facility support services, and continuous disinfectant cleaning schedules.
We have been monitoring our 7-county region for the 14-day and 7-day trends and we will remain careful and deliberate as we closely monitor local conditions for COVID cases and other factors in the commuting radius and adequate availability of medical care and supporting services.
Your health and safety remains our primary concern as we plan for a phased reopening of Installation operations. Your compliance with leadership directions, screening mechanisms, and instruction remains crucial to our success.
These measures are in place to ensure the safety and security of our workforce while we continue to meet our nation’s calling.
Thank you for what you do every day to Deliver Victory to our warfighters around the globe.
Please continue to check https://www.dla.mil/Distribution/ for the most recent Installation status updates for Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna.