If you have a child attending the Bettye Ackerman-Cobb Child Development Center (CDC), please join us for our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Meetings. The PAC Meetings are held virtually on the third Thursday of each month, 11:30AM - 12:30PM. The CDC emails parents and guardians directly with the dial in information for the meetings. Please contact the CDC at (804) 279-3018 if you do not receive the meeting information.
Purpose of the PAC:
- Facilitate communication and foster a positive relationship between the parents/guardians, the teaching staff, and the CDC Director.
- Learn about the CDC's policies, procedures, programs, and activities.
- Highlight the recent accomplishments of the CDC.
- Discuss philosophies and practices related to early childhood education and how they are implemented at the CDC.
- Promote and support a safe and positive educational environment for the physical, mental, and intellectual well-being of the children.
- Make recommendations for change to the CDC Director regarding the following areas: goals, policies, use of facilities, and/or use of resources.