IMPORTANT UPDATE: The CDC is currently closed through April 3rd. CDC staff will provide any updates directly to the parents.
The CDC will not charge patrons for services during the closure period. Any accounts which have already have been paid will be credited at a later date. Any future billing will not occur until the center has reopened.
I understand this is frustrating and that this decision will inconvenience our families that we serve; however, this was the best decision to maintain the safety and well-being of our children in the CDC.
DAVID J. SANFORD, Brig Gen, USAF
Bettye Ackerman-Cobb CDC Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 6:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Closed on Weekends and All Federal Holidays
The Bettye Ackerman Child Development Center offers a plethora of opportunities for parent involvement. These programs include but are not limited to Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings, monthly activities and quarterly education workshops called Parent Lunch and Learns.
- PAC meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Contact the Child Development Center (CDC) at (804) 279-3018 for the meeting location.
Purpose of the PAC:
- Facilitate communication and foster a positive relationship amongst parents/guardians, the teaching staff and the Center Director regarding CDC programs/activities and procedures
- Promote the image and accomplishments of the CDC
- To assist the center in informing parents/guardians of the CDC programs and activities
- To assist in promoting a safe environment for the physical and mental well-being of the children
- To promote, foster, and support a positive educational environment for the intellectual well being of the children.
- To make suggestions to the CDC Director regarding the following areas: goals; policies; use of facilities and use of resources for further research and justification.
- To provide a forum for educating ourselves as to CDC policy and programs.
- Open to all parents of children attending a DLA Installation Support at Richmond program. The Executive Board governs the PAC and consists of parents serving in positions such as: President, Secretary, Room Representatives, and Committee Chair(s) govern the PAC