IMPORTANT OPERATIONS UPDATE
The Child Development Center (CDC) has reopened on a limited basis.
The CDC is authorized to return to full capacity operations during Phase 3 of the DLA Aviation reconstitution plan. However, there is currently no target date for the beginning of Phase 3. As soon as a date is determined, the CDC staff will provide an update directly to parents.
Thank you for your patience and feel free to contact the CDC directly if you have any questions regarding operating status, enrollment, placement, or billing.
Bettye Ackerman-Cobb CDC Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 7:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Closed on Weekends and All Federal Holidays
The Bettye Ackerman Child Development Center offers a plethora of opportunities for parent involvement. These programs include but are not limited to Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings, monthly activities and quarterly education workshops called Parent Lunch and Learns.
- PAC meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Contact the Child Development Center (CDC) at (804) 279-3018 for the meeting location.
Purpose of the PAC:
- Facilitate communication and foster a positive relationship amongst parents/guardians, the teaching staff and the Center Director regarding CDC programs/activities and procedures
- Promote the image and accomplishments of the CDC
- To assist the center in informing parents/guardians of the CDC programs and activities
- To assist in promoting a safe environment for the physical and mental well-being of the children
- To promote, foster, and support a positive educational environment for the intellectual well being of the children.
- To make suggestions to the CDC Director regarding the following areas: goals; policies; use of facilities and use of resources for further research and justification.
- To provide a forum for educating ourselves as to CDC policy and programs.
- Open to all parents of children attending a DLA Installation Support at Richmond program. The Executive Board governs the PAC and consists of parents serving in positions such as: President, Secretary, Room Representatives, and Committee Chair(s) govern the PAC.