Bettye Ackerman-Cobb CDC Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 6:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Closed on Weekends and All Federal Holidays
The Bettye Ackerman Child Development Center offers a plethora of opportunities for parent involvement. These programs include but are not limited to Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Meetings, monthly activities and quarterly education workshops called Parent Lunch and Learns.
- PAC meets monthly on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Contact the Child Development Center (CDC) at (804) 279-3018 for the meeting location.
Purpose of the PAC:
- Facilitate communication and foster a positive relationship amongst parents/guardians, the teaching staff and the Center Director regarding CDC programs/activities and procedures
- Promote the image and accomplishments of the CDC
- To assist the center in informing parents/guardians of the CDC programs and activities
- To assist in promoting a safe environment for the physical and mental well-being of the children
- To promote, foster, and support a positive educational environment for the intellectual well being of the children.
- To make suggestions to the CDC Director regarding the following areas: goals; policies; use of facilities and use of resources for further research and justification.
- To provide a forum for educating ourselves as to CDC policy and programs.
- Open to all parents of children attending a DLA Installation Support at Richmond program. The Executive Board governs the PAC and consists of parents serving in positions such as: President, Secretary, Room Representatives, and Committee Chair(s) govern the PAC