COLUMBUS, Ohio, April 1, 2019 —
Social responsibility isn’t a passing fad for the Defense Supply Center Columbus Morale, Welfare and Recreation Division, it’s built into their foundation.
The division has continually met environmental regulatory standards and over the past decade exceeded those standards by hosting recycling and Shred Day events for associates. They also teach children how to garden, collect rainwater and recycle at the Child Development Center.
“MWR is committed to improving our processes today for a better, cleaner and safer environment tomorrow,” MWR Marketing Manager Jennifer Russell said. “We’ve partnered with DLA Installation Operations at Columbus Environmental Division to identify ways we can be more eco-friendly in 2019 and beyond.”
On April 1, MWR rolled out their latest commitment to the workforce and environment - Eco Promises.
The Eco Promise campaign centers on a few key principles:
- Reduce plastic and styrofoam usage across all MWR Programs.
- Offer Eco-friendly options to our customers.
- Utilize solar chargers and renewable energy sources.
- Offer eco-friendly giveaways and free workshops.
- Manage food waste diversion and composting program at food service operations.
- Utilize eco-friendly products to clean and landscape MWR facilities.
- Maximize recycling efforts.