Join the bike share movement! Check out one of our free MWR Ride to Wellness Bikes today and experience a boost in your attitude, focus and overall wellness. Bikes are available May - October.
Check Out Locations
Check out and return bikes at either location!
- MWR Fitness Center
- MWR ITR Office in Building 20
How to Use Ride to Wellness
- Ride on specified installation bike routes for your DLA Wellness Hour.
- Ride to and/or from the Fitness Center as a warm up and cool down for your workout.
- Ride to meetings on the installation, alone or as a group. It's a fun team building activity!
- Obey all traffic laws. Bicycles are vehicles; "drive" your bike accordingly.
- Ride with traffic.
- Wear a properly fitted helmet.
- Before riding, always check the tires and brakes.
- Signal turns.
- Ride respectfully--single file, allowing cars to pass when it is safe.
- Be predictable--don't pass stopped or moving cars on the right.
- Wear something light and bright, such as a yellow or orange reflective vest.
- Respect pedestrians, do not ride on sidewalks.
- Do not ride in the "door zone" to avoid getting hit by a parked car's opening door.
Rules and Restrictions
- MWR Ride to Wellness Bicycles are not authorized to go off the Installation, and must remain on the Installation at all times.
- Bicycles may be checked out for a maximum of 1 hour.
- Riders must obey Installation traffic laws. Bikes are not permitted on sidewalks or grass areas. See bike route maps available at checkout.
- If a mechanical issue occurs (flat tire, broken chair, etc.), please call (614) 692-3084 for assistance (contact information is located on the bikes).
- Use of cell phones, smart devices, head phones or other listening devices is prohibited while using bicycles. This does NOT include hearing aids.
- Bicyclists need to wear protective/reflective equipment, including a reflective vest or belt (reflective vests are available for use at checkout) and helmet (patrons must bring their own helmets).
- Fully enclosed shoes must be worn while using bicycles.