AT THIS TIME, WE ARE OPEN TO
- Previously enrolled children of:
- Active duty military members
- Guard/Reservists on active duty
- First Responders
- CDC Staff
- DSCC Mission Essential Staff (patrons who have a declaration on file with the CDC, signed by their Directorate Chief, indicating they are required to work on-site)
NEXT REOPENING PHASE
- On August 16, all previously enrolled children can return. Please be sure to complete and submit the registration packet that was emailed to you. If you have questions, please call us at 614-692-1661.
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY
- Please follow all installation pandemic mitigation guidelines for social distancing and face coverings.
- Everyone ages 2 years and older must wear a mask in the facility, regardless of vaccine status.
- Please observe current arrival & departure procedural signage.
Located on the Defense Supply Center Columbus, our Child Development Center (CDC) delivers hourly, part-day, full-day, seasonal and respite care for children in learning environments that encourage the development of motor, cognitive and social skills. Activities support the natural development of children and include individual, small group and large group experiences. Child care fees are based on total family income (excluding certain special pay and allowances), not rank or civilian grade. Our center provides care for up to 280 children ranging in age from 6 weeks to 6 years. We are certified through the Department of Defense (DOD) and accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Our mission in to provide quality, availability and affordability. While your child is with us, you can expect a safe, secure and clean environment; warm and loving staff/child interactions; learning activities that are both age and developmentally appropriate; and a commitment to establishing and maintaining strong parent partnerships every step of the way
For more information on our philosophy, curriculum and policies please review our family guide. Feel free to take advantage of our open door policy and stop in for more information or to tour our facility. We look forward to meeting you and your family!
Apply for Care
MilitaryChildCare.com (MCC) was designed to simplify and improve the child care request process across all Services, including the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). MCC provides a single online gateway for Active Duty Military and DoD Civilian families to access military-operated child care options worldwide. The site enables families to create a household profile, conduct child care searches, submit requests for care, and manage their requests at any time and from any location.
Eligible CDC patrons include:
- Active duty military personnel.
- DoD civilian employees paid from either appropriated funds (APF) or non-appropriated funds (NAF).
- Reserve Component military personnel on active duty or inactive duty training status.
- Combat related wounded warriors.
- Surviving spouses of Military members who died from a combat related incident.
- Those acting in loco parentis for the dependent child of an otherwise eligible patron (legal documentation is required).
- Others authorized on a space available basis (to include DoD Contractors, other non-DoD federal employees, etc.)
Information on waiting list priorities will be posted soon. In the meantime, please contact the CDC with any questions about priorities.