Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) at the Defense Supply Center Columbus (DSCC) provides programs and services designed to foster readiness, and enhance the lives of Warfighters, families, civilians and retirees and other eligible patrons. MWR employees strive to deliver the highest quality programs and services that range from Business Operations, Child and Youth Programs, Family Services Programs, Recreation, Sports and Fitness Programs and more. Our programs relieve stress, build strength and resiliency, and help our customers stay physically, mentally, and financially fit. Our focus is to provide a variety of services and events for eligible patrons who work or live near the Defense Supply Center Columbus, OH.
We are committed to providing quality programs and exceptional service. Our main priority is delivering mission support while enhancing our customer’s quality of life.
As a service provider, MWR strives for excellence in everything we do, including customer service, taking care of our employees, and working diligently with our Installation Management team.
An innovative enterprise where service is our business.
- Provide neat and aesthetically pleasing facilities.
- Deliver outstanding value to those we serve.
- Build strong relationships - with our communities, customers and with each other.
- Welcome and encourage feedback; listen and communicate often.
MWR guiding principles provide a foundation for decisions made in support of customers: Integrity, Resiliency, Diversity, Innovation, Accountability and Excellence. Our organizational goals, objectives and processes directly correspond with the Defense Logistics Agency’s performance management and measurements tool.
Goals & Objectives
The following Goal Areas will allow MWR to achieve our mission and realize potential:
- Cultivate Readiness and Provide Mission Support
- Support People and Culture
- Achieve Strategic Engagement
- Promote Financial Stewardship and Process Excellence