MWR is excited to announce that after testing new hours of operation for our Fitness Center, those hours will become permanent, starting July 1, 2019.
Monday - Friday, 5:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday, 6:30am - 2:00pm
Meeting the Needs of Our Customers
These later hours will help us to better meet the needs of our customers. The following programs have been added for customers looking for weekday evening programming:
- Spinning Group Fitness Class: 5:00pm – 6:00pm, Mondays
- Zumba Toning Group Fitness Class: 5:00pm – 5:45pm, Tuesdays
- Ropes, Kettlebells and Barbells Group Fitness Class: 5:45pm - 6:30pm, Wednesdays & Fridays
- Social Hour: held one Friday a month, 4:45pm – 5:45pm
What Prompted the Change in Hours
Testing later hours of operation was a result of several factors:
- In our October 2018 MWR Services Survey, 60% of respondents indicated a desire for more after work and evening Fitness Center programs and classes.
- The DLA Wellness Council and DSCC Senior Leaders reported to MWR that they received requests for later hours and classes at the MWR Fitness Center.
- Fitness Center utilization data showed consistent minimal patronage during the 0400-0500 hours.