Attention Commander’s Cup teams! Get your team together and earn points towards your overall Commander’s Cup Series scores by participating in this year's Biathlon taking place July 19-23 at the Fitness Center!
Does your team have what it takes to be awarded a place on the monumental Commander's Cup Trophy and ultimate bragging rights as this year's Commander's Cup Champions?!?!
This is another chance for your team to get one step closer to see if you can! The more Commander's Cup events your team participates in, the more points you earn!
This event involves:
- Running 3 kilometers
- Swimming 300 yards
- Running 1 kilometer
- Everyone on your team can participate (4-6 individuals).
- Five (5) Participation Points each for up to 4 participants.
- Place Points for the top four (4) individuals on your team (providing they finish high enough against other competitors).
- All skill levels are welcome to participate.
- Open to all eligible ID/CAC cardholders.
- Individuals without a team can sign up at the Fitness Center in order to participate.
*Reminder: Mask Mandate has been lifted for ALL fully vaccinated individuals.
Commander's Cup Series:
The Commander's Cup Series consists of various sporting or recreational events allowing participants to accumulate the highest number of points from consistent involvement, participation, and team achievement.
This annual program is designed to promote physical fitness, troop morale, and esprit de corps through a healthy athletic competition. The Commander's Cup Series builds team camaraderie, enhances mission effectiveness, strengthens leadership qualities, and increases self-confidence via a competitive and recreational channel.
- Open to teams of 4-6 participants per service branch and/or directorate.
- Teams accumulate points for each Commander’s Cup event their team participates in throughout the season.
- Teams can sign up to participate anytime throughout the season; however, it is highly recommended to sign up at the beginning of the season in order to participate in more challenges.
- The team with the highest number of points at the end of the season wins the competition.
- Team and individual awards will be presented at the end of the season.