Join Child and Youth Programs (CYP) and become a certified babysitter!
The 4-H Babysitting Beginnings training course will teach teens the responsibilities and qualities of being a good babysitter, along with what to expect from the parent who hires them.
- Open to middle school children and teens, ages 12-18.
3 Part Course Session Dates*:
*Participants must attend ALL 3 Sessions in order to receive a course completion certificate and receive a certification in American Heart FA/CPR.
Register by Jan. 28 in order to participate!
- $45 per person
- Payments must be submitted by Feb. 4, 2020.
- Cost covers the price of lunch (pizza and a salad) and the ARC/CPR course.
- Child Development
- Business Practices
- Developmentally Appropriate Activities
- Guidance Techniques
- ARC Adult/Pediatric First Aid and CPR and AED
- Babysitting 101
Participants should be prepared with the following:
- Pocket folder & a pencil.
- A drink.
- Construct a Babysitting Kit using a box or bag with items such as coloring books with crayons, toys, movies, books, and/or activities.
- These items can be from your own home.
- You should have at least 4 different things in your Kit.
- Note: You cannot have several of the same type item in your Kit (i.e. 2 movies, a book and a coloring book).
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Your will need to kneel and sit on the floor for the First Aid and CPR portion.
Register by Jan. 28!
- Minimum participation levels must be met in order for course to proceed.