Every year, DLA and MWR join forces to recognize its military and civilian workforce for their dedication and commitment to the overall Department of Defense (DoD) mission and to those who provide us with the freedoms that we enjoy every day!
The SummerFest and Organization Day is scheduled for August 14, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., at the Installation Fest Area (Riverview Golf Course Practice Range).
- This year’s event will feature a special live musical performance by local singer-songwriter, Garrett Shultz! This up-and-coming artist will perform various popular country, rock, & pop hits of today!
- Tentative Performance Time: 12:30-3 p.m.
- Followed by Meet & Greet opportunities.
- For a sneak peak go to: Freight Train
- SummerFest Car & Bike Show
- Onsite Voting: 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony: 3:30 p.m.
- DJ entertainment.
- Vendors selling tasty food and unique merchandise.
- Food Concessionaires, Merchandise Sales, Sponsor Tables, & Information Booths..
- Various chances to win prizes, receive free goodies, and giveaways.
- Stop by the MWR Booth and participate in the Sponsor Scavenger Hunt to enter for your chance to WIN a 65" Flat Screen TV!
- Entry Closes 3:30 p.m. Drawing will take place between 3:45-4:14 p.m. (Est.) on the Main Stage.
- Patrons do not need to be present to win!
- Free entrance to the Swimming Pool from 12-6 p.m.
- Opening Ceremony & Military Presentations at 11:30 a.m.
- All activities will cease operations until Opening Ceremony concludes!
- Please listen for the sound of the bullhorn signifying activities have resumed.
- Mechanical Bull Riding
- Clown & Caricaturist
- Bounce houses
- Bocce ball
- And, more!
Don't miss out! This is an opportunity of a lifetime... so many activities all crammed into one day and it is all for YOU! Come out for the fun!
- Food, drinks, and select merchandise will be available for purchase.
- Certain concessionaires may only accept cash; please plan accordingly.
- This event is open to ALL ID/CAC Cardholders and their guests (i.e. Active Duty Military, National Guard/Active Reservists, Department of Defense civilians, military/DoD civilian retirees, Disabled Vets, and their families).
- All attending patrons are responsible for their own base access, as well as the guests you are bringing to the event. *Please ensure you follow the appropriate base access guidance listed in the Installation Access Policy established for Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna (Trusted Traveler Program).
- All DLA employees and tenants located on Defense Distribution Center Susquehanna are encouraged to participate; please partner with your chain of command to arrange your attendance schedule and allocated leave time.
- Surrounding military communities & Installations are encouraged to attend.
- Photos will be taken at the event and used for public and promotional use. All children’s sponsors must fill out a “photo release form” per child who attend the event. Stop by the Children's Activity Area to sign a Photo Release Form.
- *Important Note* In the event of inclement weather, there is no rain date scheduled.