National Child Abuse Prevention Month is a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect, recommit to the role that we all play in keeping them safe, and to focus on celebrating the lives of children.
During the month of April, the Family Advocacy Program (FAP) will host various activities to help build capacity and increase safety.
Activities will include:
- FAP Children’s Art Contest Voting & Art Exhibition, Apr. 1-5at the Fitness Center and online at www.Facebook.com/MWRSusquehanna
- Children’s Art Contest Awards Ceremony, Apr. 10, 3:30 p.m. (closed ceremony) at CYP
- FAP Greet and Share “Keeping Your Cool When Your Children Challenge You”, Apr. 11, 3-5 p.m., held within the lobby of CYP
- Children's Car Seat Safety Checks, Apr. 16, 3-5 p.m., CYP Parking Lot, J Ave., Bldg. 255
In addition, take a moment to celebrate childhood by visiting one of the Pinwheel Gardens set up at the following locations:
- Outside the EDC, Bldg. 2001
- DLA Installation Management-Operations Susquehanna, Bldg. 750
- CYP, J Ave., Bldg. 255
Blue pinwheels are a national symbol for the healthy childhoods that all children deserve.
CYP will also host various activities for the children registered within their program to celebrate both Child Abuse Prevention Month and Month of the Military Child (MOMC).
These activities include:
- Pinwheel arts and crafts
- Planting a “Pinwheel Garden”
Join us to promote the social and emotional well-being and positive impact on children and families.