The Babysitting Course has been unfortunately cancelled due to insufficient interest. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Join Child and Youth Programs (CYP) and become a certified babysitter! The Babysitting Course will teach teens the responsibilities and qualities of being a good babysitter, along with what to expect from the parent who hires them.
The Babysitting Course will be held on Saturday, Nov. 3 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at Child and Youth Programs, J Ave., Bldg. 255.
- This course is open to middle school children and teens, ages 12-18.
- Participants will receive a course completion certificate and a certification in American Heart FA/CPR.
Cost: $35 per person.
- Cost covers the price of lunch, pizza and a salad.
- ARC/CPR course.
- Child Development
- Business Practices
- Developmentally Appropriate Activities
- Guidance Techniques
- ARC Adult/Pediatric First Aid and CPR and AED
- Babysitting 101
Participants should be prepared with the following:
- Pocket folder & a pencil.
- A drink.
- Construct a Babysitting Kit using a box or bag with items such as coloring books with crayons, toys, movies, books, activities. These items can be from your own home. You should have at least 4 different things in your Kit. Note: You cannot have several of the same type item in your Kit (i.e. 2 movies, a book and a coloring book).
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Your will need to kneel and sit on the floor for the First Aid and CPR portion.
- Participants must register by Oct. 15.
- Payments must be submitted at the time of registration.
- $35 per person